01 August 2007

Inspiration from Nebraska

Okay, so I randomly wrote this in my car while my parents were taking me out to college in Utah...I hope you like it...it's not necessarily about Scard, but it was definitely inspired by him.

Thou Art God

When I write a story, I write a tale…one of truth, and pain, and virtue. When I write about a character, I share with you his life…his heart, his short-comings, and his soul. I believe that one must never forget the entirety of a song, or a novel, or a person. I believe that to fully understand a man you must see him not as he sees himself, but as God sees him.

Thou Art God

When a God creates a world he thinks not of the majority and not of the minority…but of balance. Is my world stable? Will the positive and the bad remain equal?
Sure enough, there is no good without evil, and there is no joy without pain. A God is one who knows this and has the strength to create anyway.

Thou Art God

Once a man tried to defy the laws and he was rebuked. Another time a different man also tried to break one of the statutes of the land, this man was burned at the stake. Once again, a man offended the courts of the land in which he lived…he went without punishment…another, we convicted in his place…
The laws of mammon.

Thou Art God

When a story is recorded in heaven…no part is left out…no thought…no word…no deed.

Thou Art God

How does one share the truth except by example? How does one receive help except by first reaching out a hand? How does one give a little money, save he receives some money first? How, in life, does one share something that they own not? How does one show a belief except they act upon it?

Thou Art God

When a tale is told, the a life is not forgotten. When a story is told, a tale is forgotten. When a novel is written, a story is forgotten. When a novel fails, a novel is forgotten. When a man fails at writing a novel, he fails at being an author.

Thou Art God

An author once wrote to me, personally, or so it seemed. He spoke through a child character. I know that that author tells tales of importance, tales of impact on the soul. I was changed by what he wrote…changed by the story that he spoke into my heart. He was an author of unseen proportions—if only to me!

Thou Art God

Written once in a story.

Thou Art God

Written once in the hearts of men.

Thou Art God

The truth of a creator is that he creates with love. That he creates without bias. That he creates with knowledge. That he cannot create without faith. The truth of a creator is that he loves all that he creates.

Thou Art God