30 September 2007

Water in the Corners of My Eyes

Inter-Galatic Medicine Show issue six is finally out! Thank goodness! I have been waiting forever…seriously where else can you buy Card happiness for only $2.50? I was very pleased with the new Enderverse story…and I much appreciated that it was not about Christmas in the Battle School (it would have been less climactic…) like The War of Gifts will be. I was so happy to see Peter like that, yay!

Also, those of you debating Invasive Procedures…what are you debating? Talk about a fantastic book! I can’t wait to see what happens with the screenplay. The characters are as dynamic as ever…and the point of the book is reminiscent of those by Asimov trying to define what makes a man a human—a great read that I flew through.

Another note…I bet you’re wondering why in the world there hasn’t been anything on Space Boy yet, right? Well, that’s because I didn’t get it until the Friday before last. Shame on me, I know. I really had fun with it though. The main character really reminds me of someone I know, or he did until he started yelling at the gnome-elf guy. I liked the concept though of the family and the little brother was my happy friend! Yay!

Ever since I began attending college I have been looking all over the place for a couple of people who are crazy obsessed like me. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for the rest of the world…there aren’t a whole lot of people like me, but I have found the next best thing. Spreading the Card love! Currently I have my roommate reading Ender’s Game, her boyfriend, who I hand out with a lot, reading Empire, and the boy who I just went out on a date with reading Enchantment.

Which brings me to the next and probably most important topic--my date. It was relatively uneventful and was actually weird because he told me he didn’t like Ender’s Game I recoiled and told him exactly why I like it so very much. I told him that the transformation of Ender from capertiller to butterfly is amazing and the single most important thing in the book. I love that Ender is so perfectly willing to submerge himself and become what they need him to be…sounds like a gospel lesson, don’t it!? Anyway…I was like all emotional and then we went and saw a movie and when we came out I told him that the thing I like most is when everything is happy and the characters are happy…I told him that makes life worth it. And then we got into another EG discussion and I wound up telling him that I would pretty much sacrifice my life for a character like Ender and that my only sorrow would be that I couldn’t save more characters. It was intense…and I really mean though. I would do anything for Ender’s happiness…anything except not have read EG.

Oh and thanks Jake for telling me about the link…I am so excited about it. I am so amazing!! Anyway…so yes my blog has been linked to Card’s webpage…by some awesome miracle that probably has a lot to do with Jake Black’s influence (thank you)!!!! And I have some new books on the way so be prepared for some awesome and wonderful reviews! They are…An Open Book, The Abyss, Ainge, Robota, and How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy. Look forward to it, and maybe I will have someone to share my anticipation with.

Oh and I bought more Red Prophet comics…so I will give you a feel for that soon too. Later…