05 October 2007

The Long-Awaited Arrival

Hip hip hooray!
So finally all five of the books that I ordered on Amazon have arrived. Finally I am the proud owner of 80 Orson Scott Card books. I am so excited!!

I have finished Robota...and holy bovine! it was amazing! I can't believe 174 pages of pure awesome! I don't know how much Scard is in the book...but that is one sweet picture book. I really liked the character of Caps. He was very intriguing and I wish there was more about him.

Also I have started The Abyss. Yes, I have seen the movie and I do love it's very essence. I am so pleased with Card's adaptation of the screenplay. Personally it feels like he took the dialog and actions from the movie and wrote them straight from the book. I think James Cameron is a genius for getting Card to write this book. This is probably my favorite novelization of any movie!!

I have started An Open Book...but I really don't feel right about reading it all the way through (since it's poetry, and reading poetry straight through feels weird) There are some really great poems in there though. Even though some of them are depressing--that just makes it all the more Scard-like!

Also I bought Ainge which I am really apprehensive about and How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy. I am writing a paper using How to Write Sci-fi and Fantasy for my English class...so I'll post that when I get it done. I hope you all have an Ender-rific day!