30 October 2007

Enderverse...

Our beloved Ender Universe has just gotten a little bit larger. Please welcome the new addition of "A War of Gifts"!!!!

This Battle School story takes place while Ender is in Rat Army and centers around the practice of religion in the Battle School. It is so much fun to see all our heroes in a new and wonderful light. Ender as always is a master at solving any problem. And Dink is amazing to read--gotta love those Dutch kids. This story also corresponds well with the EG story in Issue six of IGMS, "Ender's Stocking." I actually thought that they were the same for a short while.

The main problem I had with this story is that Dink seems so concerned about trying to do what is best for the Bugger War...and he says in EG that he doesn't even believe that the Bugger War is real. It was incongruous and weird. I felt like i had to really reevaluate how I had thought of Dink. I really think that if Card says stuff like that then there ought to be more of an explanation of how Dink decided there really was a Bugger War.

Regardless of how disconcerted I felt...it was terrific. The only thing I can't live with is the length. Books really should be longer...

Also I want to apologize for the 2 week delay in this post. Sorry. I seem to have acquired a boyfriend and (believe it or not) I spend more time with him than I do with Card. So if the posts seems fewer and further in between then its because I finally have a shadow of a "life."

Please post your comments and your reviews of this novella! YAY!