14 October 2007

Capitol: An Analog Book

So this book is by all means--absolutely amazing. The concept is pretty funny to me actually. An entire book centered around somec and not one mention of Jason Worthing.

So seriously, why hasn't the development of somec become one of those stories that is repeated in every volume? Or why is it that "A Thousand Deaths" is always forgotten as a somec story, even though it wouldn't make any sense without it?

Why is it that Abner Doon is assistant Minister of Colonization and Graff is the ColMin? Why is it that after reading this book I really want to write some essays about the world of Capitol. And why is it that "Breaking the Game" (the story about Nuber's Italy) is my favorite one?

So many questions...so many...

I think that at this time I am going to put up a poll to find out everyone's favorite somec tale...and I think that I will begin a few essays drawing ties between this book, Hot Sleep, and The Worthing Saga. It will be fun!