21 November 2008

Ender In Exile

Orson Scott Card--once again. Perhaps not at his best but ever present in the world. I loved everything especially the Ender-ness--yes, he CAN still do it.

2 Minor Complaints
--Can anyone say PIECEMEAL? I feel like I bought several of the chapters of EiE on IGMS already--and c'mon Taming of the Shrew? Is Card trying to promote his retelling in this book? Isn't this supposed to be A. NEW and B. about Ender NOT Card.
--And where was the grand build-up with lots of tie-ins and a beautiful plot resoulution that I have grown to expect from Card. I mean character development is what I read Card for (and that was awesome OSC, congrats!) but all of the sudden at the end its Ender finally meeting Arkanian and solving that without even thinking twice. Just a little let down...

Everything else was awesome and hooray for the new arrival in Enderverse. And read the endnote for clarification. More on that later...ENJOY!